Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Idleness Update



I have to apologize to my millions of faithful blog readers. I have been too busy to post these days. Here's what I have been doing:

First off, I am trying to recover the boatload of cash I lost shorting this stock market bounce. For sure Wall Street is giggling at how it manhandled the Fed into lower rates. Politicians, because that's what Bernanke et al really are, are complete invertebrates.

Secondly, I just went down to a wedding on Long Island. In fact, the wedding was at the same yacht club that my wife and I got married at nearly four years ago to the day. It was quite fun to take in the beauty of the location as we weren't distracted this time by all the pageantry of our sacrament.

Thirdly, I recently endured a very traumatic incident with my mother-in-law. It has simply frozen my mind and sapped my zest for life. I have no idea what to do with it. My life coach has recommended blogging about it for "cartharsis". BUT my wife told me that to do so would invite assassination.

Fourthly, my scant free time has be spent trying to finish Will Durant's Story of Civilization. I have 2.5 books left out of 11 and hope to be done with them by the end of the year.

And my last weak excuse is that I went on my short, annual golf trip down to Naples, Florida. With all the driving, flying, and putting I haven't spent much time at my computer.

Fear not my wandering flock, I shall return shortly!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well...I missed you.

CaptiousNut said...

Forest,

For you, I recommend combing the archives when I am idle. Take some notes and digest what morsels you can.