Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yesterday, My Wife Told Me To Grow Up



I just did find out what a "ringback" was. So on my new cell phone I paid $4.49 for a particular song to be both my ringtone and my ringback.

Verizon offers just about every song, or so it seems. For kicks I searched for my new tune and was a bit surprised they had it.

My old man is coming over next week. At 64 years old he just got his first cell phone. Of course, I will grab it, and on the stealth buy some music for him - just like our nephews did to my wife! I was thinking about this one. Any better song ideas?

This prank will have limited effect, of course. Like most 'old coots' his phone will most like be "left home" and "turned off" (no doubt to save electricity!). Furthermore, none of his gumbas have cell phones or would even know anything about the singer. At least he won't have a clue how to get rid of the song.

I just HAVE to call him when he's in church. Recently, my wife called her mother while she was at mass. After fumbling around trying to find and then turn the phone off, she ran out and buried it in a potted plant in the lobby. She just couldn't stop the missed call beep. The priest even made a remark about it. How much fun would it have been if one, it were intentional, and two, if we had saddled her with say a George Michael ringtone?!?!?!

I know. Just recently hearing about ringbacks qualifies me as an 'old coot' in my own right.

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

That one's good, but I'd suggest either of these as well:

Crank That
Sandstorm

Then again, you can't go wrong with...

Baby Got Back!

that's the winner right there

CaptiousNut said...

Ooh. I like Sandstorm, but for me.

Baby Got Back!??? Maybe for a female victim!!!!!!!!

If we think about it, we could probably come up with a ton of good "gag" ringtones. Meredith Brooks is another obvious one.

Today I had the morning to myself. Kids went with wife to children's museum. So while I did my "work", I listened to recent Top 40 hits.

This 'old coot' has to go to Billboard.com to find out what is hip and current - then I play it on youtube.