Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Look At The Pictures!

Do you know what this is an example of?



Biblia Pauperum - A Latin expression meaning "Bibles for the poor".

Essentially, they were pictorial Bibles. Will Durant used the term generically to refer to "picture books for the unlettered".

Sometimes I feel like all the web traffic I get is from clowns looking for pictures. From my "referral stats" I can see exactly how most of you get to my blog. More often than not, my "readers" are simpletons looking for pictures - primarily of "liz claman naked" ("liz clayman") or any number of other popularly searched for images on my blog. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the Liz Claman Stalkers have long since surpassed the number of dumb kids who've downloaded that "Day After Tomorrow" pic from my Apocalyptic Morons, Etc. post. Another example would be my recent Nanny Criteria post - all three pics from it have been generating blog traffic.

It's not unusual for these pea-brains to find my blog on an image search and then linger around for a while and sample some of my morsels of wisdom. BUT, most often, these kids just grab the image they want and dash back to MySpace or Facebook.

What else would you expect from a nation of Lapsed-Learners?

Below find one more pic that I manufactured for the lumpen masses. If I can just re-activate a few brains it's worth dirtying my hands!



Any buffoon can generate web traffic - the more advance skill is getting people to actually read what you've written.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand you're thinking in calling people Liz Claman stalkers lol. They are just seraching for Liz Claman info, pics etc.... So say you search for Jennifer Love Hewitt, in your mind they are stalkers lol?

CaptiousNut said...

As a reformed stalker, I know the telltale signs.

When they google "liz claman nude" or "liz claman breasts" it's an unequivocal indication!

Anonymous said...

It's more like horny guys just being guys wanting to see naked pictures of said celebrity but it's pretty dumb to search for Liz Claman nude. A tv anchor being nude is pretty impossible.

Stalker has a totally differant meaning.

CaptiousNut said...

How about "virtual stalker"?

More apt?

Anonymous said...

the video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-iJdGOgAU id very-very false. the vid is edited by computer-editor

DU said...

I've been reading your blog now for about 2.5 hours and must stop and get some work done. I hit it through one of your Will Durant quotes. I was reading about Will Durant after some comments I read of his in regard to Dostoyevsky. I was reading more about Dostoyevsky after just finishing "The Brothers Karamazov"

So I say as the last line, "hurrah for Karamazov".

CaptiousNut said...

2.5 hours per day ought to be sufficient!