Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sliding Out-Of-Touch



I've identified three things on which I have become potentially, irrationally out-of-touch:

1) Facebook

2) iPods and their accessories.

3) GPS for the car.

I am afraid of doing Facebook because I don't want anyone to know that I have no *friends*.

The iPod is the one I am most likely to break down on. I thoroughly enjoyed my brother-in-law's this weekend. He had it docked(?) into a Bose stereo and we brought it out to our nighttime campfire and cigar session. Have to admit it was pretty cool - though his ancient music sucked. I had never heard of Little Feat before. Nor do I care much for The Grateful Dead.

GPS has been demanded by the wife. I don't need it. I enjoy mapping out destinations and getting the full visual on surrounding areas. GPS could be good, however, for unplanned excursions or for emergencies. Maybe I'll get if for her for Christmas, 2010.

7 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Well, whippersnapper, even though you linked them, you still didn't get the pun behind Little FEAT.

Dang school age kids. Git outta my yard!

Paul Mitchell said...

And what's up with the homo-erotic pr0n video?

I thought this was a finance blog?

Anonymous said...

Your Brother-in-Law MUST be cool if he's down with the dead. I should send him a link to my dead blog. (spoken like a true Califorian) It's killer bro!

CaptiousNut said...

"Little Feat" - corrected. Thank you.

They still suck.

Paul Mitchell said...

At least they don't swallow like Hall and Oates.

Funny Circus Bears said...

Just be a nice guy for once and get the missus an Iphone for xmas - they come with integrated GPS.

CaptiousNut said...

My wife is a *loser*.

Meaning she loses stuff. A shoe, an earring, etc. She once dropped her cell in the toilet. In fact she just ruined her current cell by accidently laundering it.

No way I am buying her anything small and expensive. The iPod would be for me anyway.