Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take That, Slimy Lawyers



I made some Goya rice the other day. The box had this disclaimer:

Warnings: May contain milk, egg, wheat, peanut, soybean, tree nuts, crustacean shell fish, and fish.

Now between my two kids and their *opposite* allergies I figure collectively they are allergic to at least half of that list. These are serious allergies too. I have prescription EpiPens for both.

Of course, I gave the rice to them. It's not a serious *warning* at all on the box; it's a disclaimer because those ingredients are used, perhaps, somewhere in the same manufacturing plant. I wouldn't be able to sufficiently feed the kids if I eliminated every foodstuff that *may have traces of peanuts*, etc.

And if they ever have a really bad reaction I'll just sue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaa. You're going straight to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. See you there!