Monday, November 17, 2008

Barry Ritholtz - We Beg You To Stick To Stocks



Barry Ritholtz put up an inane post today - Global Warming? What Evidence Do You Have?.

He wrote:

I’m no expert, but a century worth of data shows the change in global temperatures...

Then he posted a bunch of 100 year-old and even shorter temperature charts I guess to boost his *claim*.

But what, isn't the Earth something like 4.5 billion years old?

I wonder how highly Barry would esteem a scientist pontificating on the stock market from an hour's worth of price action?

Methinks Barry knows stocks and nothing else. C'mon Barry respond to this post as you did with my last one - Marginalizing Barry Ritholtz.

2 comments:

Ritholtz said...

I am not sure what you are saying:

Is it that you are claiming that Global warming doesn't exist? --

Or

Is it that intelligent citizens shouldn't discuss/debate the issues of the day in the forum of their choice?

CaptiousNut said...

BR,

There ain't nothin' intelligent about regurgitating agitprop.

Why spin this back to me?

When you can answer, no less refute, my oh-so trenchant analogy (scientist spouting off on stocks) then my *claims* might crystalize for you.

What's striking to me is that a guy like you can be perspicacious on matters financial, but, how should I say it, *tragically undiscerning* on other subjects.

I'm guessing you haven't read and ruminated on piles of history books.

And I'm also detecting a whiff of misanthropy.