Monday, November 24, 2008

The Uninterested Conversationalist


If you meet someone for the first time and converse....

I would say that after 31 minutes, if they haven't asked you A SINGLE QUESTION about yourself - where you're from, what you do for work, etc. - I think you can safely deem them an arsehole. You can be sure that this is a person you'd never want to be friends with, ever.

Ruminate on this rule of mine; you'll realize I am 100% correct.

Now, concerning our residual self-absorbed friends....there's not much we can do about them - 'cept divorce.

[Remember my Jack Welch-ian rule - shed the bottom 10% of your friends EVERY YEAR.]

My wife dialed up one such *good* friend of hers about six years ago. She let her friend prattle on about herself and her frivolous *life* for about an hour before the friend asked what was going on with the future Mrs. C-Nut.

Mrs. C-Nut - Well,...[pause]...I got engaged.

And, if only for a moment, the *friend* became embarrassing self-conscious.



Above is Echo and Narcissus. Learn some etymology, will y'all?

No comments: