Friday, April 03, 2009

Google Gobbling, Again



Man these things happen fast. I just heard about Twitter a couple of months ago. Now it's all everyone is talking about. I'm sure Google deprecated it at first, just like me, just like they pooh-poohed YouTube before that gobbled that one up.

Hah, what do ya know!

Google did dismiss Twitter recently, calling it "A poor man's email system" according to this PC World article.

This rumored move by Google, like the YouTube one, reaks of *defensiveness*.

A billion bucks doesn't sound like a lot. I'd think that Microsoft would also be willing to pay that much for upstart Twitter.

Me, as of now I have no plans to *Tweet* - though I did think about tweeting all of my nasty bodily functions if for no reason other than to mock these clowns who've nothing better to do than indulge in such rank voyeurism!

Man, has it really been 2.5 years since Google bought YouTube?

See Google And YouTube.

3 comments:

Michael Davey said...

Friend of mine in LA says there is a popular taco truck that parks late-night in various hot-spots (out front of bars, clubs). The truck is firing off tweets of where it is headed next and people are in a line already as it arrives.

The application has great potential; too many take shots at it because of the less interesting stuff

JReality said...

Did you not trade on Friday?

I sure hope we get a substantial pullback soon!

CaptiousNut said...

MD,

I wish I could buy an ultra-quadruple short Twitter ETF!

In all seriousness, I've learned that when something sweeps the masses, I ought go take a closer look.

Fourteen years ago, some dumb kid who lived across the hall in my dorm spent every waking moment on something called Netscape (or was it Mosaic). If I had checked it out, maybe I wouldn't have been short the NASDAQ bubble!

JReality,

Didn't do much but sob on Friday. Will post on it tomorrow. Bought more SRS.