Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Darn Those Copyright Fascists!

Below find one of my 80s YouTube playlists. Click to enlarge. DO NOT LAUGH or I will jam a Rubik's Cube up your...



Slowly but surely, the record label lawyers have gotten all those tracks pulled off the site (see - [video unavailable]). Perhaps they are just trying to drag me into the 1990s?

I'm sure I could rebuild the list. I'm sure I could find all of those tunes out there *slightly misspelled*. Or maybe not?....Google/YouTube is a lot savvier than Napster/Morpheus ever was. AND their flush coffers make them an easier legal target...



That's one of my favs. I can't tell you how many times I played it on the jukebox at Chaucers in Center City Philadelphia. Usually, I liked to invoke it somewhere between my 11th and 13th Yuengling Lager. I'd sit there and imagine I was going to become Charlie Sheen in that movie.

See also:

You Know You're Old When...

For West Coast Tom!

Copyrighted Morons

YouTube Copyright Policing

2 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Dude. Just get some Jonas Brothers or something.

Taylor Conant said...

C,

Going to send you an invite to Lala.com where you will get 50 free websongs (web-only versions of your favorite songs) and you can earn 5 web songs up to another 50 for each friend you refer. You can also buy addtl websongs for $.10 and full mp3s with no DRM (Digital Rights Mgmt) for .89, .79 if you already bought the websong.

I just saved your musical life, thank me later... here it comes!