Thursday, October 29, 2009

Honest-To-God Moron Parents

I can't believe the juice boxes I walked by tonight at the supermarket:



Organic and honest?

If there's any justice in this world, the kids whose parents pack Honest Kids Juice Pouches in their lunches....they will get brutally picked on by their dishonorable classmates.

My wife informs me that she has seen these juice boxes at a couple of our friends' houses. What could possibly compel a person to buy these?

Do they think that by drinking them, it'll magically make their kids honest or decent? Or *save the planet*?

In that case, we can safely presume they have the brats watching Baby Einstein videos as well. See - Money Back For Moron Kids.

I regret that in my haste, I forgot to assess the price differential. Will look next time.

3 comments:

Matt G. said...

Barry Nalebuff, who was a professor of mine at Yale, started this company with some "Hat" named Seth, who was one of his students. Barry was one of the brightest people I've ever met, a Rhodes scholar and certified genius, but he was a crappy teacher. He thought and taught at a higher level than my brain was capable of absorbing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like good marketing to me. Because yes, most people in this country are that stupid.

I can assess the price differential for you right now: 1.5 to 2 times more expensive than the juice products from a certain big beverage company.

CaptiousNut said...

Okay, Barry Nalebuff, besides having one of the queerest names I've ever heard....he founded the *Honest* beverage company. Thanks Matthew!

Anon,

One aspect that annoys me is that *Honest* is targeting my hood! In other words, I doubt they are selling this brew of moral superiority in Trenton, NJ or Roxbury, MA.

And, aren't those places more in *need*?