Thursday, October 22, 2009

Philly Pagans....In Their False Heaven, Again



Hmmmm....a Philly v. New York Yankess World Series....that ought to be a ratings bonanza for MLB.

The Chicago White Sox did square off against Houston in 2005 - those are two pretty big markets, but neither is what one would call a storied franchise.

And I don't think when the Yankees played the Atlanta Braves (twice), I don't think the Braves were much of a national draw.

So this year's imminent World Series, IMO, might potentially be the most profitable advertising-wise in 23 years, since the Red Sox faced the Mets.

But on second thought, a Yankee/LA Dodgers contest might have been just as widely-received, if not more so. Except it wouldn't have had the drama of a possible repeat.

Even though I don't really give a hoot, I'll be quietly rooting for the Yankees to lose spectacularly, and for my all-time favorite Pedro Martinez.

Gee, I wonder if the Red Sox could have used Pedro this year....or Manny Ramirez?

I really can't wait until the Red Sox start to suck again, and Fenway Park is as empty as it was in all those old 1970s highlights. Believe me, that WILL happen. Have y'all seen the ticket prices lately?

See also - Philly's Turn For a Pagan Victory

No comments: