Thursday, November 05, 2009

Annoying People - Pilgrims



You know, I have an extended family inlaw who once told me one of their ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence or something.

I didn't believe that for a second.

Now I'm sure that there do exist today genuine descendants of our Founding Fathers.

But I'm also quite sure that the number of people making such false claims is orders of magnitude larger. My hunch was that this was more of a *Southern* prevarication.

Except, last week I got to chatting with a local *mom*. She informed me that not only had she, her mother, and her grandmother grown up in this same town on Boston's South Shore(big deal, right?), that she was in fact a descendant of the Mayflower Pilgrims.

Oh, really?

Again, I call total BS.

But guess what - the next time some Moron tries to flaunt their noble heritage in my face....

I'm going to start screaming at them about all the Puritan laws still on the books here in Boston.

SO IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT ALTHOUGH I'M 35 YEARS OLD, I CAN'T BUY A BEER AT BOSTON GARDEN WITH AN OUT-OF-STATE LICENSE!!!!

For background visit:

Boston and Alcohol

Boston Without Alcohol.

No comments: