Thursday, December 03, 2009

Decent Documentary



Watched this 75 minute documentary on HBO OnDemand this week.

I just love everything about NYC history. It wasn't nearly as good as those PBS shows, but it's still pretty decent.

On this same general subject, I highly recommend reading that tremendous book on Robert Moses - The Power Broker by Robert Caro. I just can't imagine anyone who's spent any time at all in the metro NY area not having read it.

It was truly one of the best, most fascinating books I've ever read. I took the tome with me on my honeymoon to Hawaii....and the entire trip felt like a threesome with me, my first wife, and Robert Moses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may be a good book, but don't forget to read Everlasting Man by Chesterton.

CaptiousNut said...

Didn't forget, it's on my next Amazon order!