Friday, February 19, 2010

Due To My Rank Negligence...



Recall I do in fact have two children - the 5.25 year old Prince and the 3.68 year old Princess.

Most of my homeschooling posts have focused on my son because, well, he's the guinea pig and she's still a little young.

Many of these days where I was sitting at the kitchen table for a couple hours teaching my son arithmetic, my poor daughter was left to herself. Innumerable times she was yelled at to *Go away* or *Stop bothering us*.

My wife has oft accused me of systematically neglecting the little one and she was absolutely correct. So I've always had it in the back of my mind that the Princess was being educationally short-changed. Additionally, I had no idea how she'd take to my martinet-like approach to the same subject matter. Let's just say that she can be extremely willful (gene from both grandmothers). I had no idea whether or not my perceived success with my son would prove an outlier or not.

But today she finished the above Kumon book - My Book of Numbers 1-120 - and just for kicks, I dug out my son's workbook for comparison.

Guess what. It turns out the Princess is a full 3.5 months ahead of her brother's pace!

See - Homeschooling Update.

So I guess I'm going to have to work harder at *neglecting* her...

No comments: