Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Eviction Chronicles - Upcoming Courtroom Brawl



There's a whole lot of stuff still going on here between me and my deadbeat scumbag landlord. Y'all didn't think this saga was over, did ya?

Yesterday I was *served* with notice to appear in court next week.

He complains that not only have I not paid rent, but that I have engaged in a *malicious destruction of property* AND that I have done several things to *frustrate the sale of the property*.

Moi?

Hah! I didn't need to destroy any property. His jerry-rigged, half-a$$ed construction and gross negligence took care of that!

As for frustrating the sale of property...

He's the one who's done that! He's the one who (fraudulently) borrowed $1.2 million on a 500k house. He's the one who frustrated the bank's attempt to SELL THE PROPERTY by declaring personal bankruptcy at midnight before the scheduled foreclosure auction.

I guess if one is going to lie, they really should, from a ROI standpoint, go for a REALLY BIG LIE. His complaint is nothing short of a complete inversion of the truth.

When my wife came home last night I instructed her to read the complaint *several times* before commenting. She couldn't restrain herself and started fulminating right away. "Read it a few times first!" I re-lectured. His case is so ludicrous that it's nearly indecipherable and incomprehensible.

So court should be fun next week. My wife wants me to delay the court date somehow. I say Why?....I've got the weight of evidence firmly on my side.

Though she's probably right. My landlord doesn't deserve a speedy judgment one way or another. Heck I got served less than a week before the court date. That's got to be some procedural error or something - I would think.

For the prior installment of this series - see Eviction Chronicles - Bankruptcy Filing.

2 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

I think that you are having too much fun with this.

Anonymous said...

the drama is better than LOST...

-PC