Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eviction Limbo



So while all my earthly possessions (golf clubs, a PC, and some books) sit on a moving truck bound for Long Island....here I am, killing time (blogging in my pajamas!) from my parents' basement in Worcester, MA.

Yesterday was a FULL day.

I played golf early, got back to help my kids do their *work*, and then set off with them for nearby Mt. Wachusett. It's a little 1,000 foot peak with ski lifts and an auto road to the top. There was no way I was going to hoof it up given the chicken-step strides of my little ones.

Except that the road was closed when we got there. Indefatigably excited about the ultimate destination, the 5.5 year old Prince and the 3.92 year old Princess insisted we start up the rocky trail. My son is going to blog that trip so I'll stop here. It suffices to say that I ended up hiking all the way up and all the way down with my two children AND my creaky, jurassic 'old man'.

Later that afternoon, I got in some more (free!) golf with my father at the country club that he works at.

By dusk, I had played 42 total holes with a mountainous hike in the middle. I was flatout exhausted and am just catching my breath today.

Tomorrow my golf has been postponed on account of inclement weather. All we're scheduled to do is head up to the government high school my mother teaches at. She wants to show her grandkids her science lab and whatnot.

On Thursday, I'm going to play The Shattuck up in New Hampshire. It's a *Top 50* public course according to those golf magazines. I'll tee it up from the back tees at the behest of my (much better) playing partner - slope 153!

My wife is down in Miami getting acquainted with her new job responsibilities. She reports that it's 85 and muggy. And she's mentioned, already more than a couple times, how excited she is to work out of there in the upcoming winter. "Key Biscayne is only 11 minutes away....Coconut Grove is a logical area for us to rent in..."

Tomorrow I'll tell y'all about how I *sabotaged* my landlord's house on the way out. It was nothing big or illegal; try as I might I just couldn't help myself.

1 comment:

Paul Mitchell said...

So the Nut family is going to Winter in Flarda? Sounds promising.