Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Healthy Eating Disorder?


First, read my post from last week - Raw Food For Thought - particularly my remarks in the comment section.

Now check out Mike Adams from Natural News today:


NaturalNews) In its never-ending attempt to fabricate "mental disorders" out of every human activity, the psychiatric industry is now pushing the most ridiculous disease they've invented yet: Healthy eating disorder.

This is no joke: If you focus on eating healthy foods, you're "mentally diseased" and probably need some sort of chemical treatment involving powerful psychotropic drugs. The Guardian newspaper reports, "Fixation with healthy eating can be sign of serious psychological disorder" and goes on to claim this "disease" is called orthorexia nervosa -- which is basically just Latin for "nervous about correct eating."

Getting back to this fabricated "orthorexia" disease, the Guardian goes on to report, "Orthorexics commonly have rigid rules around eating. Refusing to touch sugar, salt, caffeine, alcohol, wheat, gluten, yeast, soya, corn and dairy foods is just the start of their diet restrictions. Any foods that have come into contact with pesticides, herbicides or contain artificial additives are also out."

Hah! I told you (see link atop page) people were *weird* with their food. Though I do hate to ever come down on the side of Big Government medical experts apparatchiks...

Look I know it's wrong to judge the healthy-eating crowd by the queer small sample set that I personally have met - those fat vegans and hypochondriacs. That'd be like generalizing about homeschoolers strictly from meeting a few wackos with the gumption to take that less-traveled route.

So I guess the only way I'm ever going to be able to fairly judge the bio-organic, raw, grass-fed, granola diet is to try it out myself.

Crap! Do I really have to?

1 comment:

Paul Mitchell said...

I had one of those granola burgers a couple of days ago. It had no flavor. Sorry, Granola Hamburger Company, you lost a new customer.