Friday, June 11, 2010

Princess Homeschooling Update



There she is, my daughter adding 4 a week before she even turns 4!

That's from Kumon's Addition workbook - recommended for ages 5, 6, and 7.

For those of you (and you know who you are!) who routinely accuse me of neglecting to give my daughter *equal time*...

Let the record show that she's still at least 2 months ahead of where her brother was at this age - at least in terms of math.

My son, like most boys, is lazy. Girls are a whole lot more manageable at this age anyway. In fact there's some insane statistic that says 90% of *special ed* youngsters at government schools are boys - so I've heard.

From numbers like that an educated person might be tempted to extrapolate that there are genetic and developmental differences between the sexes - even through Harvard!

3 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Dang, why not just show a baby polar bear cuddling with a baby duck?

CaptiousNut said...

Thanks.

Though, she will, and has, bite anyone's head off.

Old town-wide nickname was "Jaws"!

Paul Mitchell said...

I find that very hard to believe.