Saturday, September 18, 2010

Traveling *Veiled*...


As I mentioned yesterday, after moving to NY four months ago I finally got around to switching my driver's license. (Really, just so I could play Bethpage, Eisenhower, and Montauk Downs golf courses at the cheaper resident rates!)

But here's my problem. They issued me that paper, temporary driver's license which, obviously doesn't have my picture on it and promised the real card would come in the mail in *a few weeks*.

However, in less than two weeks I have to fly to Tampa for my annual jabroni golf trip and I don't really have any picture ID to bring to the airport.

Of course I googled this and came up with *It's okay....just bring a copy of birth certificate and Social Security card* - but want to be extra sure that's sufficient before I head off to the airport.

Have any of y'all flown without picture ID recently?

7 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

I can't travel without my DHS ID card and another photo ID. I made the mistake of taking a contract at JAN airport for some as-existing surveys and had to get the DHS security clearance. I am now on the NO FLY LIST because of getting the DHS clearance. Not kidding.

I can actually drive a car on the runway at Jackson International Airport, but checking in at the very same airport to fly somewhere takes an additional twenty minutes.

CaptiousNut said...

Wait...

I thought you were on the No-Fly list on account of your feisty blog?

Paul Mitchell said...

Maybe that has something to do with it, too. I like to blame DHS.

Taylor Conant said...

C,

Have you ever left the country? Don't you then, have a passport?

It would surprise me very little if you said no-- your blog exhibits the cultural attributes of a provincial mind.

CaptiousNut said...

Taylor,

I've been to Mexico, PR, The Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Barbados, Italy, and Spain. That's it!

Passport expired in 2005.

I've been to 30 States.

Have you ever been to the country of *South Philadelphia*???

I'm sure I taught you the word *provincial*...

Anonymous said...

Your older brother who's been overseas almost two years (and has added 12 additional pages to his passport TWICE!) can't believe that his brother doesn't have valid passport. Even our coach potato father has a passport. I guess that I will have to provide "globalized" homeschooling for my nephew and niece via skype. BTW: I've also been to more than 35 states ;-)

Paul Mitchell said...

Familial trash talking is awesome.