Friday, January 21, 2011

4-Hour Body Chronicles - Popeye


So far, this is what I've begun to incorporate from The 4-Hour Body:

  • I've bought a kettlebell - although I didn't bring it down to Florida.
  • I've started doing those *cat vomit* ab exercises.
  • I've started doing the *supine progressive groin stretch* regularly.
  • I've procured the Total Immersion book and swimming video.
  • Spinach.

That's right, I've starting eating piles of spinach.

Ferriss raves about it in his book for specific reasons I can't exactly remember. It's a good, if not the best, *leafy green* or whatever. His wording was *Popeye had it right*...

Now when I normally buy spinach, I buy that prewashed bag that is $4 and shrivels down to about 5 mouthfuls. So there was no way I would ever eat the piles of spinach that he recommends.

EXCEPT he said to try *frozen spinach*.

Aha!

Huge (1 lb) bags here at Publix are only $1.78.

I have been eating them a half a bag at a time for the past couple of weeks. All I do is put it in a bowl with a spoonful or two of water and microwave it for 4 minutes and 44 seconds and it's done - albeit in need of some salt and pepper. It actually tastes pretty good!

Importantly, the frozen spinach tack has impressed my wife too. So I've probably paid for the book already in spinach savings!

Oh yeah, Ferriss is also big on *eggs*, often but not necessarily hard-boiled. He's adamantly unafraid of *cholesterol*.

See also - Book Summary - The 4-Hour Body.

No comments: