Wednesday, February 02, 2011

77 Degrees In Orlando Today


Leaving the Northeast for Naples, Florida this month has turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made - sort of.

By January 20th, Boston had already suffered 40 inches of snow. THEN they got hit with subzero temperatures AND 3(?) more additional storms in the past 10 days - the latest was a brutal coat of ice. There's been so much white stuff falling that I couldn't even keep track. And why would I - snow up north is nothing but a meaningless *abstraction*, sort of like *Egypt*. I say, "WHO CARES?"

Two years ago, the first January I went to Naples, the snow was also pretty bad. I recall going home and one *mom* I knew in Hingham, MA just about broke into tears telling me how rough it was for her, stuck in the house with 3 children. Well, by all accounts this winter has been a whole lot worse.

In a sense, snowbirding this past month was like selling all your investments and watching the stock market crash soon thereafter!

No comments: