Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Read This Book!


I briefly saw that Greg Laurie was raving about it on his blog....and then I saw that it had an astounding 800+ reviews on Amazon and still held a rare 5-star rating.

Fortunately my library network had the book. I went to *reserve* it online and was informed that 21 people had holds on it ahead of me. Shoot! I figured whatever....I'm too busy to read now and will enjoy it when my name comes up in the summer or something.

But for some reason the book was delivered for me right away. It turns out I mistakenly reserved the LARGE PRINT edition which must have been flying under the radar. The librarian looked at me in all my gloriously youthfulness and almost yanked the book back. She said that LARGE PRINT was for 'old coots' and 'old bags' only.

Anyways, I escaped with my score and read the 637 pages (496 pages of standard-sized print) in two sittings - it was that riveting. So much for opening a book at night to help me fall asleep!

Unbroken will most certainly break you to tears. And it's probably a perfect, easy gift for the 'old coot' men your life.

No comments: