Sunday, April 17, 2011

Captious Shrugged




I read the book in 1996 or 1997 when I had just graduated from college and started trading options.

It didn't resonate with me at all - of course fresh off 16 years of *school* I was profoundly ignorant in the ways of the world, the lessons of history, and even the fundamentals of empirical economics.

For sure I'm a libertarian in the sense that I believe Big Government should ideally be halved in size and scope. I just hope this movie doesn't create an unhelpful caricature of me and my ilk.

Here's a *top comment* from YouTube:



If any of you see it please let me know what you think. Thanks.

1 comment:

Paul Mitchell said...

I have already read one review that was less than glowing, but how does Atlas Shrugged translate to the screen, especially when the defining speech would be over three hours long? Yes, I know this is only part one, but when I saw Eddie Willers was BLACK!, I decided that I would wait. One of the main characters has been PCed. Dang.