Thursday, June 30, 2011

NY Homeschool Paperwork



Today I filed my 4th quarterly report, my *annual assessment*, and my *notice of intent* to homeschool my son for 2011-12.

My first year of dealing with local school bureaucrats was a little bumpy and it took a little more effort that subsequent years will. Whatever, it's over and next year I may make my son do the whole thing!

My loyal readers are already acquainted with much of the work my homeschooled brood does.

So today I want to direct your attention to another homeschool family here in NY.

This particular *mom* puts me to shame when it comes to providing her son with a wide variety of experiences and learning opportunities.

While I file minimalist paperwork with the town, she goes into a lot more detail.

Check out her post on end-of-the-year paperwork.

For the *bumpy-ness*, see my post from last September - An Educrat's Intro To Homeschooling.

1 comment:

Anne Galivan said...

New York sounds like an incredibly non-homeschool-friendly state. SO glad we don't have to hassle with all that in Florida.

Last year a couple was actually ARRESTED and criminally charged for not filing their paperwork! They were simply not aware of the need to file and in fact, it was AFTER they filed and had their paperwork approved that they were arrested.

Again, love being in a state that has a GREAT homeschool law.

P.S. Here's the link in case you're interested:

http://www.hslda.org/courtreport/V27N2/V27N201.asp