Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Prime Has Its Privileges!


I've been singing the praises of Amazon Prime ($79 for free 2-day Amazon.com delivery) for several months now...

And the the other day I mentioned that the condo I am renting in Naples at the moment doesn't have color cable TV so I tried out watching NBC's shows on my PC...

Well I just discovered that my $79 also gets me a whole bunch of FREE video content (TV & motion pictures) streamed from Amazon!

The selection is small at the moment but not bad and will surely broaden as time goes on.

Obviously Amazon is taking a run at NetFlix with this new venture.

I'm going to call it quits for the night right now and crawl into bed....Hope Floats is queued up and ready to stream...

4 comments:

David said...

If you have a Kindle, you can "borrow" a book as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000739811

Personally, I don't own a Kindle, but the streaming coupled with the free two day shipping well outweighs the annual cost. I've extended my Prime membership to a family member in Scottsdale, and she can actually get items same-day with an Amazon distribution center in the metro Phoenix area.

Anonymous said...

Hulu.com

CaptiousNut said...

David,

Thanks! I didn't realize that. Most of the books I can get from my library but it's good to now this option exists.

Anon,

I thought Hulu was starting to charge???

Anonymous said...

Vast majority still free.