Wednesday, March 07, 2012

It's All Reps!

Check out this 'old coot':


700 push-ups, 10 sets of pull-ups and dips, 5 DAYS A WEEK!

This February, down in Naples, I had access to an artificial putting green. Determined to improve this weakness of mine I committed to putting for 20-30 minutes, twice a day, for the entire month.

What a difference it made!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've never putted that much, in such a short period of time, in my entire 22 year golfing career - not even when I was working at a golf course 5 days per week.

While there's almost always a smarter, more efficient approach to whatever it is someone is endeavoring....it's also always possible to put in a whole lot more *reps*.

And the thing is, as I recently found out on the artificial green, the better techniques will undoubtedly manifest themselves during the added reps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

recently came across "you are your own gym", like his excercise plans at end of the book.

it all boils down to push, pull, core, and legs. 4-5 days a week ~30 min reps until failure.