Thursday, July 25, 2013

A New Rush!


Over the past year I've done quite a bit of SAT/ACT math prep.

Not for me, but for a bunch of kids who are hopelessly hellbent on the *credentialing* route to life success (i.e. college).

You see every 20-30 points on the math SAT score does indeed make a big difference on one's college prospects.

But how does a student significantly improve a math score that's already 700 (out of 800).

It's not easy to do. A 700 might only be 3-5 questions wrong on the whole exam. And oftentimes these are simply silly mistakes.

Of course I know precisely how a student can do it but quite frankly most kids won't put in the required effort - or they started so late they simply don't have the time.

Nonetheless I wrote this book/problem set of about several hundred Hard SAT questions aimed at this niche market. You see the conventional prep books might only have 5-8 hard questions in them.

(There is only one hardcover book out there, one guy who did something similar. But I can easily out-market him, out-deliver, under-price,...and I have a few other tricks up my sleeve - that is if it seems worth my time to get aggressive.)

The other day a woman who runs one of these enrichment/test prep centers was bugging me for a copy of my book to use in her summer class.

So I stayed up all night editing, emailed it off to a printer, and they should be here in a day or so.

They cost $5 each to print and bind and I will sell them to her, generously, for $15. My first 10-lot will net $100, cash.

No biggie, right?

Oh but it is.

I've never really made and sold anything like this. I've never enjoyed passive income before. I've always had to trade my time for money. (Or gamble in financial markets.)

I was really surprised at how good I feel about it.


No comments: